Friday, January 18, 2008

Pregnancy memory

CIMG0080Today I used Dreft to wash clothes because we ran out of our other laundry detergent. It’s the first time I’ve used it since before you were born. I washed all your clothes and blankets in Dreft to keep myself busy in the last month or two of my pregnancy. Every day I would smell the freshly washed and folded tiny clothes and sort out my favorite blankets, and imagine you in them. Today that smell made a little tug at my heart, remembering thinking and dreaming about what you would be like, look like, feel like, smell like. Remembering how different life was then, before the Ella Mae. It seems like a lifetime ago. While you were in my womb, I was in my own “womb” preparing for motherhood. Eating right, drinking lots of water, sleeping a lot, feeling anxious, reading tons about babies, feeling you kick and poke with your toes right under my left ribs. Now, I can’t even imagine what life would be like without my Ella Pella Girl. My heart is full.

Love,
Mom

No comments: